Since February, I have worn my Jawbone religiously. As crazy as it sounds, I cant sleep if its not on my arm.
I also became mildly obsessed with my step count and would get annoyed if I was close, but then couldn’t hit it for the day. There were multiple nights that I would walk circles around the living room just before midnight to hit 100%.
I was doing so well for a while, that soon, 10,000 steps became the norm and my tracker suggested I up my count to 12,000 try to give me more of a challenge. I took the challenge and while I think it was good to push me, I was often falling short. Most days, I was still over 10,000 steps so while that wasn’t “100%” of 12,000, I was still doing well.
- Consistency in my workouts and continue to build endurance and strength
- Drink more water
- Drink less Starbucks (I have cut back, but need to a bit more. My wallet will thank me too.)
- Eat healthier/cook at home more regularly
- PORTION CONTROL – this may be the death of me. When I run a lot, I eat a lot. When I eat a lot, I form bad habits and always want to eat a lot. Vicious cycle.
- No late night snacking. I stay up late and snack some. This would be a good area to cut.
- A long term goal would be for me to join a class (yoga or karate or something) but I need my kids a bit older or more money or more time in my day for that! I would like to ramp up and do more PIYO though, which I can do at home!
All in all, I think my goals are doable and if I can maintain in my fitness area and grown in my eating habits then I will see the weight fall off.
I will keep you posted! Here are some pictures of meals I have been cooking lately! Feel free to send encouragement, tips or favorite recipes!